Here are a variety of resources related to the course.
- The demo code repository contains code written during lecture. It will be continuously updated throughout the semester.
- The Java SE 8 Development Kit (JDK)
- Make sure you are getting Java SE 8 (not Java SE 10).
- Be sure to download the JDK.
- Install it.
- If you have problems, come to office hours for assistance!
- The Eclipse Development Environment
- Click Download under “Get Eclipe Photon”
- Run the installer and choose the option “Eclipse IDE for Java Developers”. Then install as usual.
Policies and Tutorials
- The Style Guide for all code written in this course.
- How to import an Eclipse project from a zip file.
- How to export an Eclipse project to a zip file.
- Introduction to Programming Using Java, Eighth Edition by David J. Eck.
- A useful manuscript on the similarites/differences of Java and Python, Java for Python Programmers by Bradley Miller